Track Your Hours doesn’t require installation or download, making it compatible with most computers and smartphones. Since Track Your Hours runs via web browser, all of your data is centralized and accessible from any computer. To use Track Your Hours, there are a few requirements depending on your device.
In this guide, we’ll cover:
- We recommend using the most up-to-date version of your browser (ex., Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox)
- There are known issues with older versions of Internet Explorer (anything older than IE8)
- We suggest using a Mac with iOS (number)
- We recommend using the most up-to-date version of your browser (ex., Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
- We suggest using a PC with (number version)
- Track Your Hours is available on mobile through your phone’s browser (ex., Safari, Google Chrome, etc.)
- For more information on using Track Your Hours on a smartphone or tablet, see Using Track Your Hours on a mobile device
If you're experiencing issues with your Track Your Hours account, we recommend logging out and fully closing your browser. This will typically resolve most issues. If that doesn't resolve the issue, we recommend clearing your browser cache or trying an alternative browser.